Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Santana Borboletta - Rock Music CD Review

The exceptionally talented Rock artist Santana has released him CD entitled Borboletta. I am very confident and happy to announce that I believe Santana fans, and Rock fans alike will be pleased with this one. With the release of Borboletta Santana's artistic excellence is on full display as Santana has once again delivered a brilliant collection of tracks that could very well be him best work to date.

I wish it weren't the case but, it's not everyday that I get a CD from an artist that I can just pop in and comfortably listen to from beginning to end. There is usually a song or two that I just can't force myself to get through. Not at all the case with Borboletta. Every track is enjoyable and was pretty easy for me to listen to from start to finish.

Santana possesses the characteristic of being able to win you over with him talent alone. The kind of artist I really enjoy listening to.

Overall Borboletta is an outstanding release. What I call must have music. I give it two thumbs up and is most definitely a worthy addition to any Rock collection. Truly an outstanding Rock CD. One of those that is completely void of any wasted time, as each track is simply superb.

While the entire album is really very good the truly standout tunes are track 3 - Life Is Anew, track 7 - Practice What You Preach, and track 12 - Borboletta.

My Bonus Pick, and the one that got Sore [...as in "Stuck On REpeat"] is track 1 - Spring Manifestations. Outstanding!

Borboletta Release Notes:

Santana originally released Borboletta on June 19, 1990 on the Legacy Recordings label.

CD Track List Follows:

1. Spring Manifestations (Sound Effects)

2. Canto De Los Flores

3. Life Is Anew

4. Give And Take

5. One With The Sun

6. Aspirations

7. Practice What You Preach

8. Mirage

9. Here And Now

10. Flor De Canela

11. Promise Of A Fisherman

12. Borboletta

Santana: Carlos Santana (guitar, percussion); Tom Coster (piano, keyboards); Michael Shrieve (drums).

Additional personnel: Leon Patillo (vocals, piano); Flora Purim (vocals); Jules Broussard (soprano & tenor saxophones); Armando Peraja (soprano saxophone, congas); David Brown, Stanley Clarke (bass); Leon Chancler (drums); Jose Areas (congas); Airto Moreira (percussion).

No comments:

Post a Comment